EtsyTeam ProfileFlickrMembersJoin

Monday, June 28, 2010

Member Spotlight: Blue Heart Boutique

Meet Jessica of Blue Heart Boutique!

Jessica's shop offers a lovely variety of handmade clothing, accessories, and journals.

1. What school do you attend?

I'm a student at the University of Kentucky.

2. What are you currently studying?

I'm an Accounting major and I'm also studying marketing and financial analysis.

3. What types of classes do you get to take? Which one is your favorite, and why?

I really love my economics and main accounting classes because the focus is on so many of the things that I'm going to be taking with me for my career and there are a lot of real world applications.

4. What do you want to do when you get out of school?

I plan to start out working at an accounting firm, or maybe move up at the bank I currently work at. Once I've saved up some money to invest I would like to open a brick & mortar store that features not only handmade things of my own (like in my shop) but work of other artists/crafters that are either local or fellow Etsy sellers. I'd also love for the store to have collections of vintage finds. That's the dream.

5. What are some of your interests and hobbies?

Of course I love sewing and creating things with my hands, but I also love dancing. In high school I was a majorette and I miss it aElot now. I like posting on my blog and finding inspiration from Etsy and other design/craft blogs.

6. What is your favorite thing about college so far?

Making new friends has been fun, and I also love the 'college environment'', being on my own and able to come and go as I please. My least favorite thing is definitely the food I have eat!

7. How do you manage your school work and Etsy shop?

Sometimes it gets really difficult to focus on school whenever I have Etsy right at my fingertips, so I try to keep them separate or take breaks from studying every so often. As for making inventory for my shop, I save that for weekends only. Otherwise I would never get school work done.

8. What is the best advice you can offer to a fellow college student crafter?

Of course there is the "let school come before your shop" speech, but the best advice I can give is to not let it become stressful. School work and being a 'newbie' at being on your own can be stressful enough, your etsy shop shouldn't add to that stress, but it can most definately help relieve it if you focus on the positives and don't bit off more than you can chew.

To learn more about Jessica and Blue Heart Boutique, you can visit these links:
Blog | Twitter



Etsy
Buy Handmade
BlueHeartBoutique

1 comment:

  1. oops, my number 2 question is wrong, i'm not a pharm student, i'm majoring in accounting.

    ReplyDelete